Aid to Decentralised Sector
Three Powerloom Service Centres have been established at:
- Madhavnagar - Vita
The Services include:
- Training to the Weavers, Jobbers and Maintenance and Management Personnel.
- Technical Guidance to Improve Quality, Productivity and Product Diversification.
- Trouble shooting, Loom Tuning, Overhauling of Machines and Maintenance Services.
- Testing Important Properties of Yarn and Fabric to Evaluate their Quality.
- Designing Services through our Computer Aided Designing Centres established at Solapur and Ichalkaranji.
- Eco-testing through our Eco-lab Set up at Ichalkarnji.
- Assistance in Conducting Workshops, Seminars, Corner Meetings, Group Discussions on Subjects of Tropical Interest of Powerloom Owners
- BTRA also Conducts number of Entrepreneur Development and ISO (EDISO) Programmes to Educate and Upgrade the Knowledge of the Powerloom Owners.
- Hand Operated Hank Dyeing Machine
- Hank Sizing Machine
- Low Cost Upgradation of Shuttle Loom for Pirnless Weaving for Higher Productivity and Fabric Quality.
- Number of Attachments / Systems to eliminate Imperfect Mechanical Linkages of Purn Change Automatic Looms to Reduce Fabric Defects.
- Upgradation of Terry Towel Manufacturing.
- Video Cassette in Hindi Covering All Aspects, Illustrating Correct Work Practices for Powerloom Weavers and Precautions to be Taken During All Stages of Weaving.
- Chemical Finishes and Treatment Developed to Impart Soft Handle, Luster and Silky Appearance to Mataka, Spun Silk and Other Non-mulberry Silks.
- Microprocessor Based System Developed For Silk Testing and Grading Which Includes:
- Denier Meter for Sizing Test.
- Digital Warp Reel Controller.
- Speed Controller for Winding Machine.
- Winding Analyser
- Dyeing and Novel Printing Processes Developed to Meet High Standards of Fastness and Aesthetic Characteristics.
- Extensive Work Has Been Done For Reviving This Sector.
- Polymeric Finishing of Jute Textile.
- Standard Nonwoven Carpets For Jute & Jute Blends
- Grist Strength Elongation Tester - A microprocessor-based system to test the tensile properties of jute yarn.
- Computerized Twist Tester for Jute.